I am currently half way done training! Yay!!! Things are going great and I am really getting close with the family I am staying with here in the campo. I am currently staying with an older couple who own a farm. Two of their sons live right next door, which has been great for me because their grandkids also live with them and have been great! The grandkids have taught me dominos, how to dance, kept me company, taught me dominican songs, and shared so many great stories! It is definitly going to be hard to say good bye to them and they are already planning my return visits--FYI family they want to meet you all.
In other news, training has certainly kept me busy and I´ve been learning a lot about the local businesses, culture, and of course as always trying to improve my language. This past week we got to visit chocolate factories, go to some ecotourism sites--including the 27 charcos or waterfalls which I highly reccommend to those who are into adventure tourism-- and have been attending local community meetings. We have even been so integrated into the community that we were invited to the community fundraiser activity to participate in a museum trip.
For all of those who think the idea of me climbing up a waterfall and then jumping off a giant rock is ridiculously funny...well you are right. I fall when I walk, so lets just say I definitely was the person who struggled the most with the physical aspect of the waterfalls. However, it was beautiful and I highly recommend it, especially to those who are into adventure or eco tourism.
Also, for those of you who are wondering, I still do not know where I will be placed for my 2 years of service or who I will be working with, but I will know by the end of October and will be sure to keep everyone updated!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I can't wait to meet all of your Dominican family and thank them for taking such good care of you. Miss you and love you.
ReplyDeletePS - Since there is no rush to find your prince, I don't recommend kissing a frog.