I am sure that many of you are wondering how I shower if there is no running water and oftentimes no electricity. In short, I shower with buckets. There are large containers, covered so mosquitoes don’t breed in them, placed by another large bucket, next to that large bucket, a small container to pour water on my head and the rest of my body. Although the water is cold, it actually feels great after sweating all day in the hot sun! It is cold in the beginning, but after the first few drops it stops being so torturous and starts being enjoyable. The only thing is it takes me forever to get the shampoo out of my hair!
One of the good things about it being so hot here is that is very normal for people to take two, even three showers a day! And we all know how much I love my showers!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, we do know how much you love those showers! At least the bucket showers sound refreshing, cold but refreshing!
ReplyDelete