In the US I do not have good hair. It is thin, greasy, limp, without body, sometimes different colors. I have never been praised for my hair in the US, in fact it has always been quite the opposite.
So imagine my suprise when people come up to me here just to say ¨God bless your hair.¨ Apparently here I have ¨pelo bueno¨or good hair, and people are absolutly amazed by it. The 8 year old granddaughter of my Doña constantly tries to touch and play with my hair. They are amazed that I don´t have to straighten it, or that I wash it every day, or that it dries fast and without curls, or that I don´t use gel.
I do have to admit, that it is kind of a relief being in such a humid and hot country and not having to worry about frizz. So I guess for the first time in my life I actually like my hair, and other people seem to as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Well you inherited that "pelo bueno" from me and we always thought of it as a curse, so maybe I should move to the island as well!
ReplyDeleteomg... can you IMAGINE my hair in the dr??? *shudder*
ReplyDelete...And they would pray to God when they see my 'fro. I would need a miracle to have my hair not fizz, curl up or shrivel up into tiny curls
ReplyDelete