Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Packing Procrastination

I am a procrastinator. I procrastinate meals, phone calls, meetings, papers, work, school work, replying to emails and messages; hell, I've even procrastinated writing this blog entry. Combine this wonderful personality trait with one week left before I leave, four days of which will be spent at the beach, and I find myself in a dangerous situation.

This brings me to the golden rule of procrastination: The more daunting the task the more time spent procrastinating. For me, the two are exponentially related. Cube the time it should take me to complete the task and you will come up with the time I will actually spend procrastinating. So you figure packing two suitcases for the duration of 27 months that combined weigh under 80 lbs should take about five hours...well cube that to 125 hours and you've got the time I've been wasting procrastinating. 125 hours = 5 days......yep sounds about right.

Right about now my procrastination expiration time is approaching, and it couldn't come at a better time. I am leaving in a week. Shit.

Before I being the packing process I must start the final stage of procrastination: the list making. Here is the list of things I am bringing. ANY suggestions are welcomed.

  • Solar Shower (to give me hot showers)
  • Crank-powered flashlight/AM FM radio/phone charger
  • computer with new computer case and computer lock
  • day pack backpack
  • two pairs nice jeans
  • three pairs dress pants
  • two weeks supply of socks and underwear
  • sandals
  • dress shoes
  • high heels
  • water shoes
  • sneakers
  • four button down shirts
  • five or six business casual shirts
  • two pairs exercise pants, 4 t-shirts
  • rain jacket
  • pull over jacket
  • money belt
  • quick dry towel
  • earplugs
  • water bottle
  • baseball cap
  • umbrella
  • wallet
  • toothbrush, toothpaste, retainer, floss
  • tampons
  • soap, shampoo, conditioner, face wash, lotion, makeup
  • medications
  • scissors
  • can opener
  • hairbrush, bobby pins
  • mp3 player
  • sheet
  • tupperware
  • financial and staging paperwork
  • 3 skirts or dresses
  • plastic bags
  • travel alarm clock
  • camera
  • batteries
  • sewing kit
  • sunglasses
  • usb drive
  • razor
Okay, so that might be too much. Please help!!

2 comments:

  1. that seems minimal. i'm packing like ten skirts, but i wear skirts a lot...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that is enough clothes for you???? You have at least 100 times that in your room! Better to be safe than have to go shopping - I think.

    ReplyDelete