I think I have the best job in the world. This past weekend the neighborhood comittee- junta de vecinos- had a fundraiser for chairs and tables. What did they do to fundraise? Put the whole community on a bus for $150 pesos and went to the beach for the whole day! By far the best fundraiser I have ever been to.
The best part about it was that we got to have some quality bonding time with our community members, which makes it all the harder to leave on Sunday. They are already starting to tear up when they talk about me laeving on Sunday, and I am really goign to miss all of them as well. They keep asking me when I will come back to visit, but sadly I have no clue when I can since I still don´t know where I will be placed for the next two years and how far away from them it will be.
Don´t worry everyone, I took lots of pictures of the beach and I am sure one day I will put up the pictures of me and my Dominican family!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wait, I don't understand. How did everyone going to be beach result in raising money? Only in DR.
ReplyDeleteOh, and yeah, that frog did DEF pee on you.
I should tell you, I've been accepted into the program in Ghana! I'll be leaving in the beginning of January for one semester. I just looked up visa stuff today, and it's not as complicated as I thought it would be, actually pretty easy. Now I need to figure out my immunizations.
I really enjoy reading your blog. It's nice to know that I can just click a link and know some of what's going on in your life.