Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Why the Title? What's an Itinerant?

Although grammar may be something of a hobby of mine, words are not. My vocabulary is embarrassingly limited and my spelling atrocious! (Just to prove this point I used both a dictionary and a thesaurus to write that sentence.) So for the verbally challenged such as myself I will explain the title of my blog.

The word ramble has several different meanings
1) walk, stroll, wander, able, saunter, roam....
2) digress, to go off on a tangent

Feeling in a particularly punny mood the other day I decided to use the word ramble for its descriptive qualities of both travel and communication. Thus....Expedition Ramble.

The byline "An Internet Account of an Itinerant" I cannot take credit for. The word itinerant means traveling, nomadic, roaming....and was brought to my attention by one of my two friends whom I consider to be walking dictionaries, Shane Lloyd. The other walking dictionary? Sobaika Mirza. If I ever write a book these are the two people I would want editing it.


No comments:

Post a Comment